Monday, December 19, 2011

Fruli

OK, 3 days in and the Imperial Fruli no longer needs a blow off. In fact, it seems to have exhausted itself. No point in adding restart because it's done it's thing. I had a sniff and it's definitely boozy with some strawberries also. It was at that time that I decided to actually try a Fruli. Whoah! not subtle at all. Sev seems to be enjoying it but this is not really a beer as far as I can see. It's a cloudy pink colour with a thin white head. Aroma of artificial strawberry sweets and caramel. Similar flavours with a sweet and tangy fruit tingle finish. Definitely not my thing but I can see there is a market... As for Imperial Fruli. 2 weeks in secondary with or without beechwood will tell...

1 comment:

  1. Never got away with the wooden spoons : ( This time anyway. Imperial Fruli is still pretty cloudy, fruity and boozy. Opened one on new years eve, well probably day. It isn't disgusting. Still needs time though.

    ReplyDelete